The Graduate School is responsible for graduation requirements and commencement information for all graduate students. For more information, please click on the link above to visit their page on the subject and for additional contact information, if needed.
Requirements for graduation are referred to via university publications as “Checksheets”. The number of credit hours required for degree completion varies among curricula. Students must satisfactorily complete all requirements and university obligations for degree completion.
What appears on your diploma?
- Degree Title (See a complete list of degree titles.)
- Distinction (if applicable)
- Honor Designation (if applicable)
Note: Minors and major concentrations/options DO NOT appear on your diploma
How do I order an additional or replacement diploma?
You may write a letter of request with the following information:
- Full legal name (as it should appear on the diploma)
- Your social security number and/or your student number
- Degree received
- Date or approximate date the degree was received
- Address to which the diploma should be mailed
- Signature of the student
- Enclose $20.00 fee (check/money order) payable to "Treasurer of Virginia Tech"
Office of the University Registrar
250 Student Services Building
Mail Code 0134
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Undergraduate diplomas are 13.5 inches by 15.5 inches and will be in the current format with current signatures.
It takes approximately 10-12 weeks to receive a diploma.
For additional questions, please contact Analysis and Services Unit at 540-231-6252. Contact the Graduate School for information on ordering Graduate School replacement diplomas at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 540-231-8636.