Managing Your Degree
Undergraduate Course Catalog: The official university catalog of majors and classes. Use this to research majors, minors, classes, and other information.
Graduation Requirements (Checksheets): Requirements for graduation are referred to via university publications as "Checksheets". The number of credit hours required for degree completion varies among curricula. The graduation requirements in effect at the time of graduation apply. Students must satisfactorily complete all requirements and university obligations for degree completion.
Timetable of Classes: the timetable provides a searchable listing of the current or upcoming classes offered at VT.
Curriculum for Liberal Education Guides: The CLE comprises 25 - 30% of an undergraduate's credits toward graduation, and offers over 500 courses in more than 60 departments, across 7 required CLE Areas of Study. You should check the yearly guide link for the year in which you entered Virginia Tech. Any courses that have been added on to the CLE since your first term of enrollment will count towards completion of the CLE. For requirements and recommendations for CLE courses in specific areas of study, see the checksheet for each appropriate major.
Historical Timetable: A display of courses offered in previous semesters. This resource is useful as you map out your planned sequence of courses over the next four years
Guide to Majors: a site through VT’s Undergraduate Admissions Office that allows you to search and explore majors offered at VT.
Students should contact his/her Academic Advisor with any questions and to share his/her Pathways Planner with them.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Virginia's State Parks - artwork by Margie Lucas - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 2nd floor west wing of Norris Hall
- Art in the Garden: Four Seasons in Blacksburg with Anne Hammond-Tooke - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Peggy Lee Hahn Garden Pavilion
- Moss Arts Center exhibitions: Artists and Architecture - 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM Moss Arts Center
- Corps of Cadets Blood Drive - 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM Squires Old Dominion Ballroom
- Art Exhibit: "Hope" Annual Children and Teen Art Exhibit Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Junior - 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM Squires Perspective Gallery