The graduation requirements in effect at the time of graduation apply. When choosing the degree requirements information, always choose the year of your expected date of graduation. Requirements for graduation are referred to via university publications as “Checksheets”. The number of credit hours required for degree completion varies among curricula. Students must satisfactorily complete all requirements and university obligations for degree completion.
The university reserves the right to modify requirements in a degree program. However, the university will not alter degree requirements less than two years from the expected graduation year unless there is a transition plan for students already in the degree program.
SELECTING A GRADUATION YEAR: choose the year you expect to graduate. CAUTION: You may find displayed a checksheet with reference to a prior graduation year. This indicates that the degree program requirements have not altered since the graduation year displayed.
KEYS TO SUCCESS In Progressing Toward A Degree:
- Keep in close contact with your academic advisor. She or he will help you plot your progress toward a degree and will communicate with you any degree program changes.
- Plan for courses with prerequisites – you may not be allowed to register for a course if you do not meet the stated prerequisite.
- Check this site at the beginning of each academic year to assure no revised academic requirements.
- Students are responsible for keeping informed on graduation requirements – so be proactive by applying for your degree and reviewing your DARS (Degree Audit Report) with your advisor.
Other helpful info may be found: Guide to Graduation.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Virginia's State Parks - artwork by Margie Lucas - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 2nd floor west wing of Norris Hall
- Art in the Garden: Four Seasons in Blacksburg with Anne Hammond-Tooke - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Peggy Lee Hahn Garden Pavilion
- Moss Arts Center exhibitions: Artists and Architecture - 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM Moss Arts Center
- Corps of Cadets Blood Drive - 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM Squires Old Dominion Ballroom
- Art Exhibit: "Hope" Annual Children and Teen Art Exhibit Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Junior - 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM Squires Perspective Gallery