Drop/Add & Course Request Dates
Course Request Availability
- Spring 2019: October 16-24, 2018
- Summer 2019: November 30, 2018-February 1, 2019
- Fall 2019: March 19-26, 2019
Web Drop/Add Availability
|Add/Drop/Resign Dates||Add||Drop||Last Day to Resign|
|Winter 2019 (R)||8/1/18 - 1/3/19||8/1/18 - 1/3/19||1/4/19|
|Spring 2019||11/24/18 - 1/28/19||11/24/18 - 3/4/19||3/25/19
|1st Summer Session 2019||3/16/19 - 5/30/19||3/16/19 - 6/11/19||6/18/19|
|2nd Summer Session 2019||3/16/19 - 7/11/19||3/16/19 - 7/23/19||7/30/19|
|Fall 2019||4/13/19 - 5/31/19 & 8/3/19 -||4/13/19 - 5/31/19 & 8/3/19 -|
- The university processes all course requests received according to availability of seats in course requests.
- Schedule adjustments are allowed during the "DROPADD" timeframe.
- Departments may allow entry in course sections that are at capacity ("FULL").
- See the department offering the course to determine the process to request a "Force-Add" (registration over capacity).
- Departments may not Force-Add over published room capacities.
- Access: Authorized access to HokieSpa is based on the student's PID (password assistance: 4-HELP, 540-231-4357)
- Note: There is no priority given to processing a student's request if entered the first day of course request nor is there a penalty for entering a request the final day of course request.
- However, waiting until the last day of the course request period ensures difficulty in accessing the system due to the higher volume of activity.
- See importance of Course Request