IMPORTANT INFORMATION Regarding Spring 2018 End of Term Transcript Processing
Spring 2018 grades and awarded degrees will not be reflected on transcripts until Sunday May 13, 2018. Grades will be available to view in Hokie Spa on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
If you order your transcript BEFORE 5 p.m. Friday, May 11, 2018, AND want your current term grades and/or degree conferral/awarded statement to be reflected, check a “Current Term Completion” (i.e., term grades) or “Degree Completion” (i.e., degree conferral/awarded statement) hold on your order.
A note about “Current Term Completion” hold: If you order your transcript AFTER 5 p.m. Friday, May 11, 2018, DO NOT check the “Current Term Completion” hold or your transcript will be held for the Summer Session 2018 semester grades.
A note about “Degree Completion” hold: If you check an order with a “Degree Completion” hold, the transcript will not print until the degree has been awarded. Transcripts are subject to delays based upon final degree confirmation.
TRANSCRIPTS FOR PICK UP: If you would like to pick up your transcript with Spring 2018 grades and/or degree conferrals reflected, place your order AFTER 5 p.m. Friday, May 11, 2018 with NO HOLDS. Your transcript will be ready for pick up 5 business days from the day you place and pay fro your request.
You may check the status of your transcript order in Hokie Spa under the transcript and certification menu by clicking “view the status of transcript requests”.
ATTENTION GRADUATE STUDENTS:
Please confirm with the graduate school that your degree has been awarded if you are ordering your transcript without holds. The graduate school is reviewing each degree candidate’s individual record and will conclude the review process based on established deadlines. You can also track your progress on your Degree Checklist within HokieSPA.
- Effective July 1, 2010, a charge of $10.00 per copy is assessed
- Payment options include credit card (online), check (mail request), or cash (in person only). Overpayments exceeding $5.00 will be refunded.
- Payment must accompany the request.
- Financial holds on your record must be lifted before requests are processed.
- Volume often requires three to five business days for processing with the exception of peak periods (beginning and end of semester, commencement, and registration) which may require additional processing time.
- Processing will not begin until payment is received.
- Our office does not send transcripts via fax, scanned attachment, email, or by mailing services such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Transcripts are sent by the US Postal Service.
NOTE: Please do NOT submit your transcript attachment (NCEES, CASPA, AACOMAS, AMCAS, LSAC, AADSAS, NCARB, PharmCAS, PTCAS, etc.) as your transcript request. You MUST provide a separate written request with your attachment enclosed with your request. Failure to do so may result in delayed transcript processing or the return of your attachment to you.
Transcripts ordered with holds or during the week following the end of term are subject to delays and may not be mailed within our 3-5 business day policy.
Credit card/Online Requests
- Require an active Virginia Tech PID (initiate/reactivate here).
- If you have an active PID, submit transcript requests at hokiespa.vt.edu.
Cash/In person Requests
Cash or check accepted. Please note, payment and a signed request form must be received before a request will be processed.
Special Note: Mailed requests will extend the processing time of your request. Our office is not able to bill students for transcript requests.
(write a check, made payable to "Treasurer, Virginia Tech") to:
Office of the University Registrar (MC0134)
Student Services Building, Ste. 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
The following information must be included in the mailed request:
- Complete name
- Student Identification Number
- Dates of attendance at Virginia Tech
- Any degree(s) earned while at Virginia Tech
- Return address
- Number of copies needed
- Any third party address(es) who should receive the transcript
- Daytime telephone number
- E-mail address (if applicable)
- Complete legal signature reflecting your name
Note: Failure to include ALL required information in mailed requests may result in delayed transcript processing.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- John Wiercioch: Honoring the Path 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM Squires Perspective Gallery
- Battle of the Badges Blood Drive 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM 407 Hubbard Street
- Summer Chamber Music Series 2018: "Love in Music" 7:30 PM - 11:59 PM Moss Arts Center, 190 Alumni Mall, Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Paper, Paint, and Petals 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Hampton Roads Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 1444 Diamond Springs Rd., VA Beach, VA
- Fifth annual Summer Beer Festival at Virginia Tech 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM Holtzman Alumni Center Lawn and Terrace