IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding Fall 2017 end of term transcript processing
The Office of the University Registrar will close at 12 p.m. on Friday, December 22, 2017, and will re-open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, January 3, 2018. All transcript requests submitted during this time will be processed when the office re-opens. You may check the status of your transcript order in Hokie Spa under the transcript and certification menu by clicking "view the status of transcript requests".
Fall 2017 grades and awarded degrees will not be reflected on transcripts until Monday, December 25, 2017. Grades will be available to view in Hokie Spa on Sunday, December 24, 2017.
If you order your transcript BEFORE 5 p.m. Friday, December 22, 2017, AND want your current term grades and/or degree conferral/awarded statement to be reflected, check a “Current Term Completion” (i.e., term grades) or “Degree Completion” (i.e., degree conferral/awarded statement) hold on your order.
A note about “Current Term Completion” hold: If you order your transcript AFTER 5 p.m. Friday, December 22, 2017, DO NOT check the “Current Term Completion” hold or your transcript will be held for the Winter 2018 semester grades.
A note about “Degree Completion” hold: If you check an order with a “Degree Completion” hold, the transcript will not print until the degree has been awarded. Transcripts are subject to delays based upon final degree confirmation.
TRANSCRIPTS FOR PICK UP: If you would like to pick up your transcript with Fall 2017 grades and/or degree conferrals reflected, place your order AFTER 5 p.m. Friday, December 22, 2017 with NO HOLDS. Your transcript will be ready for pick up Friday, January 5, 2018.
You may check the status of your transcript order in Hokie Spa under the transcript and certification menu by clicking “view the status of transcript requests”.
ATTENTION GRADUATE STUDENTS:
Please indicate that you would like to place a hold on your transcript order until awarding of your degree has been completed. The Graduate School staff are reviewing each degree candidate’s individual record and will conclude the review process based on established deadlines. You can track your progress on your Degree Checklist within HokieSPA.
- Effective July 1, 2010, a charge of $10.00 per copy is assessed
- Payment options include credit card (online), check (mail request), or cash (in person only). Overpayments exceeding $5.00 will be refunded.
- Payment must accompany the request.
- Financial holds on your record must be lifted before requests are processed.
- Volume often requires three to five business days for processing with the exception of peak periods (beginning and end of semester, commencement, and registration) which may require additional processing time.
- Processing will not begin until payment is received.
- Our office does not send transcripts via fax, scanned attachment, email, or by mailing services such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Transcripts are sent by the US Postal Service.
NOTE: Please do NOT submit your transcript attachment (NCEES, CASPA, AACOMAS, AMCAS, LSAC, AADSAS, NCARB, PharmCAS, PTCAS, etc.) as your transcript request. You MUST provide a separate written request with your attachment enclosed with your request. Failure to do so may result in delayed transcript processing or the return of your attachment to you.
Transcripts ordered with holds or during the week following the end of term are subject to delays and may not be mailed within our 3-5 business day policy.
Credit card/Online Requests
- Require an active Virginia Tech PID (initiate/reactivate here).
- If you have an active PID, submit transcript requests at hokiespa.vt.edu.
Cash/In person Requests
Cash or check accepted. Please note, payment and a signed request form must be received before a request will be processed.
Special Note: Mailed requests will extend the processing time of your request. Our office is not able to bill students for transcript requests.
(write a check, made payable to "Treasurer, Virginia Tech") to:
Office of the University Registrar (MC0134)
Student Services Building, Ste. 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
The following information must be included in the mailed request:
- Complete name
- Student Identification Number
- Dates of attendance at Virginia Tech
- Any degree(s) earned while at Virginia Tech
- Return address
- Number of copies needed
- Any third party address(es) who should receive the transcript
- Daytime telephone number
- E-mail address (if applicable)
- Complete legal signature reflecting your name
Note: Failure to include ALL required information in mailed requests may result in delayed transcript processing.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Pamplin Leadership Academy 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- "Truth" Annual Martin Luther King Children's Art Exhibit 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Privilege and Oppression 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM North End Center
- CAMEO CareerFest 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Squires Commonwealth Ballroom
- Moss Arts Center Exhibition: Ray Kass 10:00 AM - 7:30 PM All galleries, Moss Arts Center, 190 Alumni Mall, Blacksburg, VA 24061