You may request your student number and/or active PID to be sent to you via email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include:
- your full legal name
- name if different when attending Virginia Tech
- last four digits of your social security number
- the month and year you were born
- your approximate terms of attendance at Virginia Tech
- your major
- any degrees that were awarded
- and the reason for your request (i.e. PID generation, transcript requests, etc.)
Students who have marked their records as “confidential” must submit this information in writing.
You may reactivate your PID at https://my.vt.edu/accounts/new/pid.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Virginia's State Parks - artwork by Margie Lucas - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 2nd floor west wing of Norris Hall
- Art in the Garden: Four Seasons in Blacksburg with Anne Hammond-Tooke - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Peggy Lee Hahn Garden Pavilion
- Moss Arts Center exhibitions: Artists and Architecture - 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM Moss Arts Center
- Corps of Cadets Blood Drive - 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM Squires Old Dominion Ballroom
- Art Exhibit: "Hope" Annual Children and Teen Art Exhibit Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Junior - 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM Squires Perspective Gallery