Not attending Departmental Ceremony
Excuse yourself from Departmental Ceremony
Diplomas are distributed during departmental ceremonies.
If you are not planning on attending your departmental ceremony, you should excuse yourself from the ceremony through your Hokie SPA account.
- Log onto Hokie SPA
- Click on "Degree Menu"
- Click on "Undergraduate Degree Menu"; or "Associate Degree Menu"
- Click on "Application for Degree"
- Select your appropriate level and click "Submit";
- Click the "Update"; button next to the appropriate major
- Click "I will not be attending"; (Please note that choosing "I will not be attending" will excuse you from the departmental ceremony in the Spring)
- Click "Submit"
- When prompted, enter an address for your diploma, click "Submit"
If the option to excuse yourself from the departmental ceremony is no longer available on Hokie SPA you should contact the Office of the University Registrar by either:
Stopping by the Office of the University Registrar at 250 Student Services Building and completing a form to excuse yourself from the departmental ceremony OR
Sending an e-mail to the University Registrar from your Virginia Tech e-mail account including:
- That you will not be attending your departmental ceremony
- The term in which you are completing your graduation requirements
- Your full legal name
- Your ID number
- Your major
- The address you would like your diploma mailed to
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Remarkable Writing: A Selection of Good Reads by Women - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Partnerships for a Global Land-Grant: The Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Perspective - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Remarkable Women Through History: Snapshots from Special Collections - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- SGA Open Education Exhibit - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Work Smart - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM North End Center, room 2410