You should apply for your degree the first semester of your Junior year.
- Log onto Hokie SPA
- Click on "Degree Menu"
- Click on "Undergraduate Degree Menu" or "Associate Degree Menu"
- Click on "Application for Degree"
- Select your appropriate level and click "Submit"
- Click on the "Apply" button next to the appropriate major
- Review your name as it will appear on your diploma
- Indicate your expected term of completion (graduation term)
- Select "which degree is this"
- Indicate your hometown information
- Indicate which ceremony you will be attending (please note that choosing "I will not be attending" will excuse you from the departmental ceremony* in the Spring).
- Click "Submit"
- If prompted, enter an address for your diploma, click "Submit"
*Diplomas are distributed during the Spring departmental ceremonies.
Once you have completed your application, you can request a DARS report.
- Fall 2015: October 23, 2015
- Spring 2016: March 2, 2016
- There are no deadlines for Summer 1 & 2 graduation.
Failure to apply for your degree by the publicized time will result in the absence of your name from any commencement program or material, as well as delay the receipt of your diploma.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Hokie BugCamp 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Price Hall
- Moss Arts Center exhibitions: From These Woods 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM All galleries, Moss Arts Center, 190 Alumni Mall, Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Art Exhibit: Michael Farrar "Travelers and Other Nurds" 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM Squires Perspective Gallery
- Campus Kitchen food delivery 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM 110 New Hall West
- Moss Arts Center exhibitions: From These Woods 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM All galleries, Moss Arts Center, 190 Alumni Mall, Blacksburg, VA 24061