- Students must earn a minimum of 25% of their degree requirements at Virginia Tech.
- No more than 50% of a student’s graduation requirements can be transferred from a two-year institution.
- Of the last 45 semester hours before graduation, a maximum of 18 semester hours may be transfer hours. (27 of the last 45 hours must be taken at Virginia Tech.)
- Students will not receive credit toward the minimum hours required for graduation for courses that are considered duplicates of courses previously passed.
- Students must have a minimum overall and in-major GPA of 2.00 to graduate. (Some departments may require a higher GPA for graduation in their degree program.)
- Distinction – students must have completed at least 30 credit hours at Virginia Tech and earn an overall GPA of 3.40 or above to qualify for Distinction.
- GPA of 3.40 - 3.59 earn Cum Laude
- GPA of 3.60 - 3.79 earn Magna Cum Laude
- GPA of 3.80 - 4.00 earn Summa Cum Laude
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Partnerships for a Global Land-Grant: The Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Perspective - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Remarkable Writing: A Selection of Good Reads by Women - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Remarkable Women Through History: Snapshots from Special Collections - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Leading Change - 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM North End Center, room 2420
- Class of 2018 Ring Delivery Week - 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Squires Williamsburg Room