There are two University commencements – one for Spring candidates and one for Fall candidates (which includes Summer 1 and Summer 2 candidates).
Please select the term in which you are completing your requirements:
Academic apparel is available in the University Bookstore generally a few months before graduation. Visit the Bookstore website around that time for more information.
Do I qualify for an honors sash?
You must have:
- A 3.4 or better OVERALL GPA
- Completed at least 30 VIRGINIA TECH hours
(If you have 30 Virginia Tech hours after your last term – you can not pick up your sash at the bookstore; you must see your Dean’s Office to see if you qualify).
Be sure to review information regarding commencement on the Commencement Information page.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Remarkable Writing: A Selection of Good Reads by Women - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Partnerships for a Global Land-Grant: The Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Perspective - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Remarkable Women Through History: Snapshots from Special Collections - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Koru Mindfulness for Employees - 7:30 AM - 8:45 AM Burruss Hall room 130
- Class of 2018 Ring Delivery Week - 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Squires Williamsburg Room