Course Request Availability
- Spring 2017: October 18-25, 2016
- Summer 2017: December 2, 2016 - February 3, 2017
- Fall 2017: March 21-28, 2017
Web Drop/Add Availability
|Add/Drop/Resign Dates||Add||Drop||Last Day to Resign|
|Winter 2017 (R)||8/1/16 - 1/2/17||8/1/16 - 1/2/17||1/3/17|
|Fall 2016||8/6/16 - 8/26/16||8/6/16 - 10/3/16||10/17/16|
|Spring 2017||11/26/16 - 1/23/17||11/26/16 - 2/27/17||3/20/17|
|1st Summer Session 2017||3/11/17 - 5/24/17||3/11/17 - 6/5/17||6/12/17|
|2nd Summer Session 2017||3/11/17 - 7/7/17||3/11/17 - 7/18/17||7/25/17|
|Fall 2017||4/15/17 - 5/12/17||4/15/17 - 5/12/17|
- The university processes all course requests received according to availability of seats in course requests.
- Schedule adjustments are allowed during the "DROPADD" timeframe.
- Departments may allow entry in course sections that are at capacity ("FULL").
- See the department offering the course to determine the process to request a "Force-Add" (registration over capacity).
- Departments may not Force-Add over published room capacities.
- Access: Authorized access to HokieSpa is based on the student's PID (password assistance: 4-HELP, 231-4357)
- Note: There is no priority given to processing a student's request if entered the first day of course request nor is there a penalty for entering a request the final day of course request.
- However, waiting until the last day of the course request period ensures difficulty in accessing the system due to the higher volume of activity.
- See importance of Course Request
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Remarkable Writing: A Selection of Good Reads by Women - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Partnerships for a Global Land-Grant: The Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Perspective - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Remarkable Women Through History: Snapshots from Special Collections - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- SGA Open Education Exhibit - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Work Smart - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM North End Center, room 2410