The maximum number of hours a student may enroll in during a given semester is determined by whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, as per below.
- Both the Course Request and DROPADD web process check for the defined maximum hours of enrollments.
- Going above these maximums requires the academic dean's permission (graduate dean for graduate students).
- Undergraduates may enroll without permission in 19 hours; graduates, 18 hours in a regular term.
- Summer maximums are 9 and 6 respectively.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Virginia's State Parks - artwork by Margie Lucas - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 2nd floor west wing of Norris Hall
- Big Data Science Workshop - 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM Newman Library Multipurpose Room (first floor)
- VBW Classes End - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Residential (Blacksburg) Classes End - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Payday - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM