The maximum number of hours a student may enroll in during a given semester is determined by whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, as per below.
- Both the Course Request and DROPADD web process check for the defined maximum hours of enrollments.
- Going above these maximums requires the academic dean's permission (graduate dean for graduate students).
- Undergraduates may enroll without permission in 19 hours; graduates, 18 hours in a regular term.
- Summer maximums are 9 and 6 respectively.
Our office is located in Student Services Building, Suite 250. Our business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays.
Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building, Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: (540) 231-6252
- Remarkable Writing: A Selection of Good Reads by Women - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Partnerships for a Global Land-Grant: The Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Perspective - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Remarkable Women Through History: Snapshots from Special Collections - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- SGA Open Education Exhibit - 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Work Smart - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM North End Center, room 2410