- Effective July 1, 2010, a charge of $10.00 per copy is assessed
- Payment options include credit card (online), check (mail request), or cash (in person only). Overpayments exceeding $5.00 will be refunded.
- Payment must accompany the request.
- Financial holds on your record must be lifted before requests are processed.
- Volume often requires three to five business days for processing with the exception of peak periods (beginning and end of semester, commencement, and registration) which may require additional processing time.
- Processing will not begin until payment is received.
- Our office does not send transcripts via fax, scanned attachment, email, or by mailing services such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Transcripts are sent by the US Postal Service.
NOTE: Please do NOT submit your transcript attachment (NCEES, CASPA, AACOMAS, AMCAS, LSAC, AADSAS, NCARB, PharmCAS, PTCAS, etc.) as your transcript request. You MUST provide a separate written request with your attachment enclosed with your request. Failure to do so may result in delayed transcript processing or the return of your attachment to you.
Transcripts ordered with holds or during the week following the end of term are subject to delays and may not be mailed within our 3-5 business day policy.
Credit card/Online Requests
- Require an active Virginia Tech PID (initiate/reactivate).
- If you have an active PID, submit transcript requests at Hokie Spa.
Cash/In person Requests
Cash or check accepted. Please note, payment and a signed request form must be received before a request will be processed.
Special Note: Mailed requests will extend the processing time of your request. Our office is not able to bill students for transcript requests.
Write a check, made payable to "Treasurer, Virginia Tech" for $10 to:
Office of the University Registrar (MC0134)
Student Services Building, Ste. 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
The following information must be included in the mailed request:
- Complete name
- Student Identification Number
- Dates of attendance at Virginia Tech
- Any degree(s) earned while at Virginia Tech
- Return address
- Number of copies needed
- Any third party address(es) who should receive the transcript
- Daytime telephone number
- E-mail address (if applicable)
- Complete legal signature reflecting your name
Note: Failure to include ALL required information in mailed requests may result in delayed transcript processing.